World Building

After a few conversations with a co-worker about his disdain for certain fantasy tropes, I asked for an interesting world. I didn't ask for an entire story set in his ideal fantasy setting, simply a world that would be interesting for a story to exist in. It's been a while since that initial conversation and he's pitched interesting ideas, but I've just realized that all of them take place in a science fiction setting. Although I never mentioned that the world had to have a fantasy theme, it's what I was expecting. Due this and recent events, I'm dabbling in a bit of world building to vent ideas.

As a starting point, I'm defining some of the inhabitants of the world. I'm not sure if these would be considered races or a specific culture of a species, but they're definitely the people involved. While the descriptions are vague and don't state this, people defined so far impress upon me a notion of a Western fantasy realm that has been built atop the post-apocalypse of a futuristic world. It's not exactly how I wanted it to turn out, but it'll work out somehow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKARTS: Digital racing robots

Spur of the Moment

Change of pace or format?